This summer we collaborated with fashion blogger Drew Westphal on a few photo campaigns for the Porta Pro Limited Edition, SP540 and BT540i headphones. We recently caught up with Drew to discuss his blog, his process and his thoughts on today’s fashion:
1. How did you get into blogging?
Fashion has been something that I've been interested in since I was a little kid. It started with a love of the NBA and sneakers and evolved into an appreciation for well-made garments.
One thing led to another and I started gaining an Instagram following a few years back and decided to add another dimension to that and blog as well. Currently working on launching a podcast/vlog very soon too, stay tuned.
2. How do you describe your personal style?
I love mixing styles and brands that people wouldn't normally put together. Being able to have a high-low look is what I love doing.
3. Like us, you've chosen to be based in Milwaukee - how does that affect your business?
While I may not have personal access to all of the major fashion brands' showrooms like my friends in New York, thankfully, social media connects us all and it helps keep my work in the Midwest relevant all over the world.
4. You've grown a huge following on IG - how did you do it?
This is the number one question I get asked and I tell everyone the same thing. Keep putting up content consistently and always strive to make your newest work better than your previous.
5. Your work is tightly curated, walk us through a typical blog/IG post - what all goes into it?
I only work with brands and promote those that I love and use in my daily life. Brands usually give me creative freedom to create unique content for them.
From there it's styling, shooting and editing before you see it on my feed. It sounds really simple but for example, shooting one pair of shoes might take an entire afternoon and hundreds of pictures before you see the one ending up on Everyday Drew.
6. What are a few of your favorite brands right now?
7. Headphones have become a fashion accessory for some - what are your thoughts: looks or sound?
This must be a trick question, haha! I believe that these have to go hand in hand. For me, quality must come first when it comes to headphones. I am a huge music fan, there is always a song going through my head.
8. What advice do you have for someone just starting a blog? Keep cranking out content. This may seem like a no-brainer but far too often I see people start a blog and not post consistently.